[access-uk] Funding of access tech in America and elsewhere

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 21:38:47 -0000

Calling anyone with knowledge of any academic studies or journal articles on
how VI people fare in the US, and maybe other countries, in obtaining financial
assistance for buying access equipment.

there has been some interesting talk on the Window-eyes list in the last few
days that has brought up this question for me as I don't know how things really
work there.  I'd imagine there must be variation between states, and I get the
impression too that where you get the financial assistance will depend on your
circumstances, I.e. veteran, accident at work, whether you are elderly, or in
education etc.

Sure parallels can be drawn with the situation here, but what are the crucial
differences I wonder?

If its felt to be a little off-topic here, then feel free to email me via the
link at the bottom of this message.  Not that I'm expecting much feedback on
this one.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx