[access-uk] Re: Function Keys on Toshiba

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2014 22:16:30 +0100

Hi.

You will need to go in to the bios on your computer and change the keyboard function key mode from multi-media mode to standard function key mode. instructions can be found on google for your specific model of laptop if you google the model number followed by bios, you will need sighted help for the change to be made. your computer own't talk on the bios screens as you are accessing the settings even before windows starts up. a local computer shop or a knowledgeable sighted friend should be able to do it for you for free as it only takes a few seconds, or even if you've got someone sighted that needs a bit of guideance drop me a note off list and i can give you a hand to instruct them. i'd send you a link to the bios sequence but i don't know your model.

cheers,

Mo.

It
hasn’t done anything that I’ve noted so far. I am using a Toshiba laptop with windows 8.