[access-uk] Re: Freeview set top boxes

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 11:41:14 -0000

Hi David

Thanks very much for the useful update. I don't need another box at the moment because I use Sky which has AD turned on, and the Netgem which is still functioning well. I've also got another ordinary box that I picked up in a sale before our Dixons closed down some years ago. It doesn't have AD, but is useful for occasions like last night, when I needed to have the Champions League on every format I could find. So I had Sky showing the Roma versus Real Madrid game, the Netgem on Scottish TV showing the Liverpool game (still smiling for that one,) and the spare Freeview box on ITV 4 for the Olympiarkos versus Chelsea game. Better not forget Five Live on the radio either ... yeah I know, I'm hopeless (smile.)

You say you have a TV with Freeview carrying AD built-in? I know there are a lot of TVs now with the AD facility incorporated, but we haven't got that far yet as I'm hoping our current Sony continues to plod for a while.

Thanks for that though.

Jackie

Email: cairnsplace@xxxxxxx