[access-uk] Re: Freecom freeview USB stick

  • From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 19:12:53 -0000

Hi Graham
Checking on the chris-tv website it looks as if it only works for analog tv
tuner cards. Recently they've linked with an epg program scheduler/guide called
webshifter and this looks promising. At present Chris-tv has an excellent
scheduler - you can easily set up start and end times and put the computer into
standby until the next recording. The webshifter program allows the searching
of program guides and sends your choices to the scheduler in chris-tv.

It therefore looks as if it will not support the Freecom usb stick but as far
as the program guide goes the epg in Freecom is great anyway. I'm assuming
you're asking this because you want to take advantage of the audio description
recording which I think takes place in chris-tv.

As regards USB1 I don't think Freecom's usb2 stick is recommended as usb1 is
too slow at capturing.

Hope this helps.
Gordon