[access-uk] Re: Freecom USB TV stick

  • From: "Brian Hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 15:14:01 +0100

Hi Catherine

OK here's what I have discovered.

From the initial setup screen, try using the jaws cursor to locate the "all" radio button and check it. Then go back to the PC cursor and tab to the start scan button and press enter or space bar.

The USB stick will then go through three scans, and on the third scan it will go through quite slowly. At the end of this third scan you should start hearing the channels. You should see the channels it has managed to get in two list views, one for radio, one for TV.

Using the supplied aerial, I got nothing at all. But using the outdoor aerial it worked fine that way.

I tried posting something to their forum yesterday and got nothing. However when querying something else (not the recording issue) I telephoned their Tech Support on Friday and they were helpful. If you want the phone number, I can give you that.

Brian Hartgen

MSN: brian@xxxxxxxxxxx
SKYPE: brianhartgen
SKYPE IN UK: 0208-133-7186