[access-uk] Re: Free off-peak national bus travel?

  • From: Christopher Maule-Oatway <c.maule@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 08:33:31 +0000

Hello,

What Gordon brown said was: "Free national bus travel" during off-peak times. Presumably this means free travel on local buses anywhere in the country, not free access to the national coach companies. His wording should have been clearer, I think.

Regards,

Chris

At 20:33 22/03/06 +0000, you wrote:

And its something we've had in London for a long time too. But it also covers Trains and the underground as well.

I'm slightly confused though as I didn't hear the actual announcement. Are we talking about a pass which will allow a pensioner and/disabled person free access to all buses anywhere in England? Or access to the national coatch system.

And of course being the synical person I am I want to know why we are being given this gift. Is it to get us off the trains because they are so packed?
Yusuf
----- Original Message ----- From: "Iain Lackie" <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>