[access-uk] Re: Free off-peak national bus travel?

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:13:25 -0000

Yes Kevin, you may well ask why we're waiting two years!  Well, by then an
election should be on the horizon so maybe it'll catch a few voters?

Only other reason I can think of is delaying spending the money, especially
as the budget had a lot to say about efficiency savings etc.

What anoys me is what appears to be a not unusual lack of joined up thinking,
especially when you consider the push in the 'back-to-work' emphasis of
Government social policy.  You would think that obliging people to pay
£250.00 out of a low wage to get to work wouldn't actuly encourage people to
err, get to work.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx