[access-uk] Re: Free Open Source Guide Software?

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 May 2014 00:17:31 +0100

Hi with regard to the question"what is open source" this referrers to
software that is built with the intention that anyone may have access to
the source code(the actual written text of the program in whatever
programming language it as written in..) anyone may , if they have the
requisite probramming capability make modifications to the program. as
for whether the particular program you are interested in runs on windows
it depends on how the program was implemented. try looking up the
program in sourceforge.net you might have some luck there.
I hope that answers your question somewhat.

best wishes
Sean