[access-uk] Re: Free OCR

  • From: Kevin Cussick <the.big.white.shepherd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 08:43:10 +0000

Last time I tried it I thought it's free for a reason yes it because it's crap. it might be better now.

On 07/02/2012 22:41, Vince Thacker wrote:
I've heard of FreeOCR, and once tried it, but that was a few years ago,
so it may be unfair to comment; but at the time I couldn't wrestle any
sensible results from it. I'm talking about some slight inaccuracies -
the output was not at all readable (very extended character set, by the
looks).
Hoping it's better now.
Vince.