[access-uk] For those who like gadgets and gizmos: Seagate Wireless Access

  • From: "Jackie Brown" <thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'BCAB Discussion List'" <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 14:07:21 -0000

For those among you who like gadgets and gizmos, thought I would share this
one.  The Seagate Wireless Access is a small 1tb external hard drive that
runs on battery and wirelessly.  If you have an iOS or Android device, you
can connect it wirelessly to copy music, photos, videos and documents, or
just stream.  You download the free app called Seagate Media, and this
allows you to see the contents of the Seagate Wireless Plus drive.  It
creates its own little network which you access via Settings on your device.

The drive is smaller than an A5 book, with a battery life of up to 10 hours.
You can charge the drive using the wall plug provided, and it supports USB3
on the PC or Mac.  I dumped a whole pile of music onto my Seagate Wireless
Access when I got it, and now have it working with my iPad Mini.  So instead
of faffing about with iTunes and having to import stuff to it, I can just
open the Seagate Wireless Access and play music directly from it.  Job done!
It's great.

Thought I would pass this on.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown