[access-uk] Re: For those using Gmail, I've cracked it!

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:59:24 +0100

Christopher - you are a genius!  I just tried it and it works!   I am guessing
that when you start an account it is set at US English by default.  But when I
started in April 2006 One of the first things I did was change it to English
UK and for that reason have not been able to use Settings from Basic View.

I  can now a bandon my search for a route to contact Googlmail Support.
Incidentally I noticed in the Help files that if you are using a non-supported
browser it automatically opens in Basic view anyway.   So I thought that
surely the Settings dialogues must be accessible in Basic View otherwise
such people would have no way of changing anything.

Your "conversion" to Googlemail has benefited me personally as it has
resulted in a solution to this long running mystery.

Thanks,

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison