[access-uk] Re: For all Cobra users, please read

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:17:57 +0100

All,
I can confirm that over on another list someone said that Cobra is the modified version of Virgo. Virgo stopped at version 7, then it was replaced by Cobra, which started at 8.0, then 8.1, etc.

Signed by Chris Hallsworth
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

On 19/07/2010 22:05, chris hallsworth wrote:
Hi Ibrahim and all,
I think Cobra is the modified version of Virgo, hence 9.x. Just my
thoughts.

Signed by Chris Hallsworth
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

On 19/07/2010 22:01, Ibrahim Gucukoglu wrote:
Hi Chris.

Isn't it at version 9.1? Where on earth have the other 8 versions been
hiding themselves? I for one have never heard of a screen reader that
requires such development as to have released so many versions, yet
hardly anyone in the civilized world has heard much less seen anything
of it. I only heard of it by chance last year when I went on to the Baum
website to search for Braille Connect drivers, and even then, they
didn't go out of their way to promote it to me or anything. They
seriously need to look at their marketing strategy for this product as
currently, its absolutely going nowhere.

All the best, Ibrahim.
----- Original Message ----- From: "chris hallsworth"
<christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>