[access-uk] For Jackie - Audable

  • From: Alfred King <alfredking10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 09:28:16 -0000

I have heard a lot of discussion on list re audable but do not really know anything about it other than one can purchase and download MP3 files, i.e. books. Does Audable offer more than the Talking Book library DAISY books in terms of choice or is this just an alternative means of listening to a book? I now have the KK and am wondering what the advantages of joining Audable might be. Are all books read with American accents? Is the speech a TTS like the KK or read by some human? Thanks.