[access-uk] First Impressions of Windows 7

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 02:55:26 -0000

Hi all, I absolutely love this version of Windows! First, it recognized all my
hardware in my system! Second it's extremely responsive compared to Vista in
many aspects, including internet access, which seems to be faster now! Ok, my
computer locked up during the "Setting Up Windows" phase, but after a hard
power down and reboot I was able to complete the phase using the more
responsive Narrator. Another good news is that both JAWS 9 and 10 work
extremely well, apart from some minor issues, like the inability to access the
list of system tray icons (accessed with JAWS key+f11). I think for now, I'll
also mention that the new user account control is really cool. I've set it up
so that it shows as a normal window so that JAWS reads the prompt to me. On the
whole though I'm thinking of using this until towards the end of the beta
cycle, then probably do an actual upgrade to the full version. Thanks for the
support for my earlier enquiries; all I can say is I was fretting over nothing!
Chat soon, and enjoy Windows 7!