[access-uk] Re: First Guide dog

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 00:58:05 +0100

Hi George.

I believe that Peter's question was a legitimate question to ask on this list. Of course he does have the intelligence to lift a telephone and make enquiries, concerning the services available to guide dog trainees, but did it not occur to you that perhaps, he valued the experiences of other list members, who may have undergone training at the same venue?

To respond by simply suggesting that he could try telephoning to make enquiries, I believe, was very narrow minded and petty George. Actually, I'm getting pretty sick of reading similar responses, particularly from yourself, to other list members, who may ask legitimate questions, that obviously irritates you, and subsequently results in an abrupt or arrogant response.
If this list is about anything George, it's about supporting visually impaired people and I'd have hoped, that given your experience of visual impairment over the years, , you could have been a little more positive and supportive to Peter's enquiry.

Andy Logue

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>