[access-uk] Re: Firmware

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 03:51:56 +0100

Hi Steve.

Oh, totally agree with you.  I once asked their second line support people why
upgrading the firmware wasn't possible, I was told in no uncertain terms that
firmware upgrades should only be carried out if instructed to do so by support
personnel.  Also, three's policy is to only release firmware updates to correct
major bugs in the software or to add "significant enhancement" to the operation
of the phone.  To be fair to three though, I used to have a 6120C phone with
them, I was able to download a firmware update to enable the support of HC
memory cards as the phone when released could only support up to 2GB natively
with the release firmware at the time.

All the best, Ibrahim.