[access-uk] Re: Firefox rather than IE 8

  • From: "James & Nash" <james.austin1984@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:48:36 +0100

Firefox is just one example of a good stable open source product. In my
experience, the fact that there are plenty of folks constantly watching open
source application generally means that they are more stable because folks can
watch and correct errors and bugs almost as soon as they appear. They can also
implement new features.

Open Source applications are also generally free - but not always.
Unfortunately, there seems to be a mentality among some folks even in business
such as some Universities that free and Open Source means that they are not
necessarily as good as some commercial applications. This is not always the
case. I wonder how much money Universities would save if they all migrated to
Linux and used Open Office. However I don't think this will ever happen.

Take care

James, Lyn, Nash and Twinny