[access-uk] Re: Firefox

  • From: "Iain Lackie" <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 09:45:17 -0000

You can also have the same favorites functionality as Internet Explorer by installing the Plain Old favorites add-on.

Iain

-----Original Message----- From: Vince Thacker
Sent: Tuesday, February 14, 2012 12:59 AM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Firefox

Clive, I've used Firefox for some years now, and I'm sure you'll find it
pretty easy to adapt to it. Many of the keystrokes are the same, and the
menus contain pretty much what you'd expect from the menu names.

Favorites are called Bookmarks, and the Bookmarks menu is one of my least
favourite features, and seems unnecessarily complicated. Still, it doesn't
stop you using your old favorites on the start menu.

There are plenty of free add-ons, which means you can pretty well build your
own version of Firefox as you go along. Included are some accessibility
add-ons, but not knowing what your accessibility requirements are, I can't
say whether you'll find them useful or not.

Sometimes when Firefox gets an update, it puts some of your add-ons out of
business, and it can be a long while in some cases before they all catch up.

A very useful add-on is WebVisum, which, amongst other things, can solve
those visual CAPTCHAs that give us all so much grief normally. This is only
available for Firefox.

Some first thoughts, at least.

Vince.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Clive Pallett" <clive.pallett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>