[access-uk] FireFox help please.

  • From: Colin Howard <colin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2014 09:18:44 +0000

Greetings,

First, happy Christmas to all.

Because I am still using XP Home though I do now have a W7 system, it needs
considerable tweeking before it is ready to be used and it's holiday so no
assistance readily available at present.

Now SS no longer works with I.E.8, I've switched to FireFox.

I have sorted how to upload and download using SendSpace but come up with a
problem.

I need to download some .mp3 files and I'm offered to send it to WinAmp,
Real Player . . . WordPad but in all cases judging by when accidentally
wordPad had been selected, the file was "opened" but I want to "save" into
the default downloads folder in the my documents folder.

I could find nothing obvious in the FF "What should FireFox do with this
type of file?" there being only a checkbox unchecked.

How do I make sure all files are sent to a folder and not opened to play?

.Zip archives are fine, for when I download these under the "new tab"
function, I am offered two radio buttons - open or save - default seems to
be open, on choosing save, then entering on the "ok" button, FF goes off and
downloads the file into the my documents downloads folder, exactly what I
desire.

thanks for directions.