[access-uk] Re: FireFox Questions

  • From: Thomas <mrnoisy98@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 20:48:28 +1000

In Firefox 20+, to enter private browsing you go to the "File" menu and select "New Private Window", but I have no idea how to fix your problem, and have been unable to replicate it.

On 29/04/2013 20:01, Gordon Atkinson wrote:
The version of FireFox I am using is 20.0.1.

On 28/04/2013 09:59 PM, Thomas wrote:
Yes, this is an option in Firefox. It would be helpful if you provided
your Firefox version number, though.
On 29/04/2013 5:48, Gordon Atkinson wrote:
Hi Folks,

Running Windows 7, 64 bit.

When I first open FireFox, it says private browsing.  I think I am
right in saying that this was an option in Internet Explorer. This
doesn't appear to be the case in FireFox as far as I can see. Is this
correct; if not, advice on where to find the option would be appreciated.

Another default appears to be that edit boxes have auto-complete. Is
there any way of turning this off.

Many thanks.

Gordon Atkinson

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not
sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein