[access-uk] FineReader 5.0 Pro

  • From: "Darran Ross" <darran.ross@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 12:57:27 +0100

Hi list.

I've just this morning started getting to know the Finereader 5.0 Pro
software, and three questions have so far cropped up.

I've got things set up to scan before being transferred to Word 2003 for
editing. However, if I've got a three page document, each page is being sent
to a new word document.

How do I change things so that all three pages are scanned before being sent
to word as a complete document?

Also, is there a quick method of scanning once you've established your
preferred settings. I'm having to go through several screens each time when
I'm simply repeating the same options.

Finally, I keep running into problems with Word after each session. I keep
being told that the Template has changed and asked whether or not I want too
save this change. I say I don't and Word promptly asks me the same question
again and again. It takes a good bit of dancing around before this stops!

I also see in Word that something called Mark Up is checked in my File
Options. Do I need to do anything with this?

That's all for now. Off to see about buying a guide to operate this program.
I've liked what I've seen so far and once I get these little bits and bobs
sorted I reckon finereader will do me quite nicely!

Regards.

Darran