[access-uk] Fine Reader

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 13:49:15 +0100

Hi all -

I use FineReader7 for my OCR, and in my search for all in one
printer/scanners, I have seen that some of the Lexmark's and Epsom models
have a sprint copy of FR included in their software; is it pretty safe to
assume that if I buy an all in one from either of these manufacturers, my
FR7 will work with the scanner? The problem I'm having in my research, is
that not all models say what software comes with them, and I was using the
inclusion of FR Sprint as a guide line for using my copy of FR7. I'm happy
to buy Lexmark or Epsom, but like I say, they only mention FineReader Sprint
with some of their models, for others, no software gets mentioned at all.
It's also a bit tricky trying to find an all in one that is Vista
compatible, though I guess many will be upgradeable, I need to be careful,
as my current printer is not upgradeable!

Thanks for any help -

Andy

Andy