[access-uk] File/folder size help

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Access-UK <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:28:07 +0000

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what the difference between "size" and "size on
disk" when you look at a file size is?  Whenever I've looked at the
size of files in the past, the "size" and "size on disk" have said the
same in My Computer.  But today when I looked at both the size of a
folder and the size of xs files when they were all selected, the
"size" was 2. something mb but the "size on disk" was much bigger.
What does that mean?

Catherine