[access-uk] Re: File Extensions in Win 7

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 18:28:43 +0000

Hi Mike.

Go to local disk c: for example, and go to tools. then folder options. then control tab to view, and scrole down and change the values you want by pressing space for example, by default hide extentions for known file types is on, press space to turn it off. To apply it globally, you have to click apply to folders on the view tab.

all the best,

Mo.

On 16/11/2012 18:25, Michael A. Ray wrote:
Hello listers.

I have to give Mobeen Iqbal a big thumbs up before I ask my question. After seeing recommendations from other listers I took the plunge and ordered a second-user PC from Mo at the beginning of the week.

It came today and worked right out of the box, with NVDA, Firefox and Thunderbird pre-installed.

So thanks for a great service Mo!

Now, does anyone know how to switch on the viewing of file extensions globally under Windows 7?

Mike Ray

--
(no signature till I find how to do it)