[access-uk] Re: Fastest way to open a file?

  • From: "J.Doherty" <doherty468@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 19:55:03 +0100

Andrew,
Why not create a shortcut from the file onto your desktop, then it's a case
of one letter when you boot up to the file or nearly, depending on what
shortcut names you have on your desktop.
Find the file you want to open and bring up the application key, go to send
to and cursor right, in their is a shortcut to the desktop.

hth
Jim

-----Original Message----- From: AKH
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2014 1:00 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Fastest way to open a file?

Hi Everyone

In the spirit of "access" I'm wondering how to get the fastest route
from turning on my laptop to getting in to a file for making notes.

Windows 8 with NVDA

For example, can I get a MS Word or text file to automatically open as
soon as Windows is loaded?

All the best

Andrew