[access-uk] Re: Facebook

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 20:46:13 +0100

Hi Mike - Firstly, it is a genuine request from a colleague, but like you said,
could be that she is using her address book to try and get all her contacts to
join her on Face Book. What confused me, was how at the end of the email, there
was a message from Face Book offering me some links to people already on Face
Book, that happen to be in my contacts, only 4 of them, but I wondered how they
could see in to my contacts at all? They also gave me the name of somebody I'd
never heard of, and who isn't in my contacts. I don't think it's anything to
worry about, just wondered how they knew some of the people I know -

Andy