[access-uk] Re: FW: portset digital media centre info.

  • From: "Keith Rothwell" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:07:00 -0000

Hi Scott

As I said to Wendy, there are four 'flavours' of the Portset Digital Media Centre.

The Sound Quality from the two (smallish) built in Speakers is 'passible but better on Headphones or via your HiFi.

There is no Memory Slot on my DMC. The Slot on the Front is for CDs (Audio, MP3, and Daisy) and DVDs if you have paid for that Option.

I don't know the Capacity of the Hard Drive but at times I have had up to 60/70 Recordings (several in excess of two hours in length) and there have been no problems. Recordings from TV and Radio can be made by 'Instant Record', setting Date and Time (like old VCRs), or by selecting from EPG which is available on Radio as well as TV.

The Audio Description on TV can be switched off if you want to do that.

Hope that helps

Best Wishes

KEITH

--

KEITH ROTHWELL

Bury, Lancashire, United Kingdom

E-Mail: keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

BLIND PERSON - NO GRAPHICS PLEASE - PLAIN TEXT ONLY PLEASE

Please note that, as I am totally blind, I cannot handle Written or Printed Material of any kind. Please respond by Telephone, Plain Text E-Mail, Plain (MS-DOS) Text File on Floppy Disk, or Audio Cassette Tape. No Braille please as I am
amongst the 90% or so of Blind People who cannot read Braille.

----- Original Message ----- From: <castledine10@xxxxxxx>