[access-uk] FW: [TTZ] A sad day for Gw Connect users

  • From: "Adrien Collins" <adriencollins22160@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'access uk'" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 08:46:22 +0200

This is not good

Regards

Adrien

-----Original Message-----
From: The-tech-zone
[mailto:the-tech-zone-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Christopher Hallsworth via The-tech-zone
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2014 9:44 PM
To: A general technology discussion list
Subject: [TTZ] A sad day for Gw Connect users

Hi all
Just saw this on the Gw Micro website and was compelled to
bring this to
your attention. Very sad indeed and Microsoft is to blame
for all of this.
GWConnect ends August 4
Aug-01-2014
Dear fans and supporters of GWConnect.

We were notified by Microsoft earlier today that support for
SkypeKit,
the heart of GWConnect, ended yesterday, July 31, 2014 and
no further
updates will be available.  In addition, on Monday August 4,
2014
SkypeKit will stop working which means GWConnect will also
stop
working.  We were hoping for a different outcome but this is
beyond our
control.  We also hoped for a greater warning but again, we
just became
aware today.

Everyone who purchased a 12-month license for GWConnect will
receive a
prorated refund.  In other words, if 11 months ago you
purchased the
12-month license, your refund will be much smaller than the
person who
purchased it today.  There are no 1 month licenses that ran
for less
than 1 month so those are not affected.  We will contact
everyone who is
receiving a refund as quickly as possible.

We sincerely wished for a different ending but we truly
thank all of you
who supported this fine product.  Please stay in touch with
us as we
continue to provide new and better products in the future.

Best Regards,

Your AI Squared team

If you reply to this message it will be delivered to the
original sender only. If your reply would benefit others on
the list and your message is related to The Tech Zone, then
please consider sending your message to
the-tech-zone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx so the entire list will receive
it.

You can manage your list subscription at:
http://www.emissives.com/mailman/options/the-tech-zone_emiss
ives.com
I use BullGuard to keep my computer clean.
Try BullGuard for free: www.bullguard.com