[access-uk] FW: Serotek Announces an End to Software Maintenance Agreements

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 08:23:42 -0000

  _____

From: Serotek Announcements [mailto:noreply@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: None
To: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Serotek Announces an End to Software Maintenance Agreements

Please do not reply to this message. If you don't wish to receive any more
Serotek announcements, activate the link at the end of this message.

NEWS RELEASE
For Immediate Release

Media Contact:
pr@xxxxxxxxxxx
612.720.1068

Technical Contact :
    info@xxxxxxxxxxx

Serotek Announces an End to Software Maintenance Agreements
Industry Standard SMAs No Longer Standard

MINNEAPOLIS, Minn ? January 28, 2009 ? Serotek Corporation, the leading
provider of internet and digital information accessibility software and
services, today announced that it will no longer require a fee to upgrade or
maintain any software in its product line.
Software companies traditional have charged fees under a contract, commonly
known as a Software Maintenance Agreement (SMA), to upgrade to newer
versions of their software packages. Serotek will continue to provide
regular upgrades and software improvements but will offer them free of
charge to all Serotek customers.
The announcement was formally made today at the Assistive Technology
Industry Association (ATIA) annual conference in Orlando, Florida, with the
company?s ?RIP SMA? campaign. The first such offering of its kind, the news
was met with great user enthusiasm.
?True to our belief that accessibility is right, not a privilege, we are
excited to lead the industry in pronouncing SMAs are dead.? said Mike Calvo,
CEO, Serotek Corporation, ?Users of our System Access product line can now
enjoy one price, one time, forever. And we encourage the industry to follow
suit.?
Reactions to this news can be found on the company?s podcast, Serotalk,
which is being broadcast live from the conference?s Internet Café, which is
being sponsored by the Serotek Corporation. Those unable to attend the
conference can listen to the Serotalk podcast by going to www.serotalk.com.

Serotek Corporation
Serotek Corporation is a leading technology company that develops software
and manufactures accessibility solutions under the System Access brand.
Committed to the mission of providing accessibility anywhere, Serotek began
with the launch of the first online community specifically designed to meet
the needs of people with visual impairment. Since then, Serotek has
introduced several powerful, affordable solutions that require minimal
training and investment. For more information, visit www.serotek.com.

###

  _____

  _____

Activate this link to stop receiving Serotek announcements.
<https://secure.samobile.net/user/disable_mass_mail.html?user_id=605a6bd2339
1e6119f43280efcbf4664>