[access-uk] FW: Re: Freesat versus free view

  • From: "John Farley" <j.farley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 18:01:21 -0000

Hi Janet,

There is no reason for not using both.

I have a Sky box and a standard terrestrial aerial feeding me with Free
view. It just means switching the feed to the TV from the Sky box to the
aerial when you wish to switch.

However, I did need to replace my aerial in order to get the full number of
channels on the Free view service. You will also either need a TV with a
digital tuner or a set-top box to convert the signal.

Once, for some technical reason with Sky, the Sky service was out for an
evening. It was so convenient just to switch to the alternative without any
real cost involved.

Regards, John

John Farley

        Personal Contact              Work contact
E-Mail: j.farley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx       john.farley@xxxxxxxx