[access-uk] FW: Jamal's PDF Masterpiece

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 17:20:49 -0000

I make no apologies for cross-posting the following.  The
subject of PDF files has been thrashed.  The product has
been called every bad name imaginable, and the screen reader
companies have been chastised beyond belief.  See below.

George.

"I've just been reading the November issue of AccessWorld on
the American Foundation for the Blind's web site, and Jamal
Mazrui's article about PDF files just blows me away.  It's
at
http://www.afb.org/afbpress/pub.asp?DocID=aw060604 and it
does a beautiful job of rolling back the veil over PDF files
and their inner workings.  I'd recommend this article to
anybody trying to figure out the ins and outs of getting a
screen reader to read a PDF efficiently and to anyone trying
to figure out how best to create accessible documents.  It's
good stuff!
Regards,
Jerry"