[access-uk] FTP Explorer problem

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 11:58:01 +0100

I recently switched to Broad band, but for the moment I hav retained my dial up
account
(including a limited amount of free web space.  The accounts are with different
ISPs. ).

I can still access the web space via FTP Explorer if I am connected by dial up,
but with a
broadband connection I get an immediate error message  "Unknown response from
host"..

I suspect that there must be some change needed in how FTP Explorer is
configured but so
far I have failed to discover what it is.

I intend in due course to close the Dial up account and take some web space
e.g. with
110mb. com.   But before I do so I want to be sure that I can upload to it!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated,

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison