[access-uk] Re: FAO Jacky Cairns - Apple Keyboard

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 08:19:05 -0000

Hi Barbara

Yes, mine is the same, the "at" sign over number two etc.  Yet I chose the
British English version as it was the first on the list and obviously the
one I needed.

Regarding opening apps, when you use your left and right arrow keys to  move
across the various icons, and you want to open something, press the control
and Options keys together with the space-bar, and it should do the trick.
It seems that using the enter key doesn't always work when opening an
application.  The control and options keys are your VoiceOver keys, and are
next to each other on the bottom row of the keyboard.  The first key I think
is the FN key because it certainly isn't where you would find the control
key.  This is one key to the right.

I hope that makes sense.  I'm familiarising myself with other keys on it,
and learning as I go along.

Incidentally, if anyone else is thinking of purchasing this keyboard, it
states on the website blurb that it works with the Mac itself and iPad.  No
mention is made of the iPhone or iPod Touch.  But please don't be put off by
this as it works perfectly with the iPod Touch and, I would imagine, the
iPhone too.

Enjoy.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns