[access-uk] Re: Extra software with broadband packages

  • From: Georgina Joyce <gena@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 10:09:01 +0100

Hi

Well I don't want to throw a spanner in the works but it depends upon what you
want from your ISP.

I personally feel that Graham has neglected to state that plus net have just
about to chop up their support.  You can make some local rate calls about your
account etc but technical support is going to cost you 50p a minute.

We're about to leave plus.net because our email seems to be rather disrupted,
although I have to admit that could be down to other list services.  But this
£21.99 plan isn't as good as stated.  We received an email stating that we were
nearing to our 10Gig monthly limit.  We're sure we had 20Gig limit not so long
ago.  I think Graham used the word virtual, yes it is virtual at the
descression of mute policy makers.  We signed up with plus.net stating that we
were heavy users and accepted their suggestion.

If you just want to collect email from lists, listen to ACB radio etc and
download updates and the odd program.  Services like plus.net and others would
be sufficient.  Beware of technical support costs and these fare usage policies
as they move the boundaries to take more subscribers.

Gena

---end quoted text---

--
2E0AXU

Freedom & Power provided by debian GNU Linux