[access-uk] Re: External Hard Drives v Networking

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 15:06:16 +0100

Hi Andy,

There's one thing to get complete right before you begin.

You say the have "purchased the correct Inthernet cables".
(Actually, it "Ethernet")

However the two scenarios you are considering do NOT use the
same cables.  For direct PC to PC you need one Ethernet
CROSSOVER cable.  To connect via the router, you need a
standard Ethernet straight through patch cable - one for
each PV to the router.

Which do you have?

Overall, I'd suggest that the router method is probably best
all round, but we can go into that in more detail when we
know what cables you have.

George.