[access-uk] Re: External Hard Drive

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:09:47 +0100

Most external hard drives have what is otherwise a standard hard drive which
could be taken out and mounted in a caddy or another enclosure to get the data
off and use.  I am at some point in the near future about to do a similar job
although for what is an internal hard drive for a friend.  Maplins will sell
you a hard drive encosure, but you might want to check the physical form factor
of the drive before making the investment.  Failling that an enterprising
technician could probably remove the drive and mount it in your PC.
Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support