[access-uk] Re: Excel help please

  • From: catherineturner2007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 18:35:15 +0100

Hi,

Thanks - this kind of helps but not really as I've realised I don't
want Excel to treat 10/1 as a piece of text or date, but rather as a
fraction.

Basically what I'm wanting to do is make it convert odds expressed as
fractions into odds expressed as decimals.  So if I type 10/1 in cell
a1, I then want to do a formula in A2 which is a1 +1.  Whatever the
fractions are I put in row 1, I want it to do a sum on them and add 1.

I've also now realised that even if I just type 10 it converts it into 10 Jan...

Catherine