[access-uk] Re: Ethernet

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:07:40 -0000

Thanks George for staying with this - I bought this machine from an Ebay PC
shop! I can get you the make of the motherboard from BA, if that helps?

Anyway, looking at the back of the case, with the back facing me, the power
is at the top, with an on/off switch above it. Below the power input is the
keyboard/mouse inputs; below these [this is all down the left side of the
back plate] is a blanked off 1394 [I'm guessing that's fire wire?]; below
that is the monitor and printer ports, parallel to each other, there is also
what I think is called a STPDIF input, near the monitor port; below these is
the modem port, and 2 USB ports [all parallel with each other]; below these
is the sound card sockets.

The remaining ports are a little lower down, near the bottom, and more
central. These are 2 further USB ports; above them is what feels like an
aerial socket [AV?] and another socket marked 'S'; above these  is what I
have always taken to be the gaming port; this port is about the size of the
monitor port, but is a male port [I can feel lots of sharp teeth in there!].

 I'm assuming that the RJ45 will be an open squarish hole, similar to the
input for the modem? -

Andy