[access-uk] Re: Ethernet

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:33:28 -0000

Hi Andy,

I presume the Network Card shows up in Device Manager?

If it does, then there has to be an RJ45 port somewhere. As
you probably know, it is slightly bigger than the RJll
telephone port.

Tricky to try and describe when I don't know the precise
make and model of the PC, but a desk top will usually have
two or more slots covered by blanking plates at the back and
running top to bottom so to speak.

Most of the on-board connections to the actual motherboard,
that is sound, keyboard, etc., will usually be along the
bottom inch or so of the back of the case.

If you know the make and model of the PC, I may be able to
locate a picture and describe things better to you.

George.