[access-uk] Re: Eset Smart Security problem

  • From: "Caroline Ford" <caroline@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 21:05:07 -0000

I certainly do have a firewall on the router at home, Steve, but the desktop
is going through that router as well and updates automatically, whereas the
laptop will only update if I ask it to when going through the router, but
updates by itself when going through bluetooth to my mobile.

I thought Chris might be on to something with the suggestion about the
"Never dial my default internet connection" setting, but found that it was
already selected on the laptop

I think I will just have to have the desktop and laptop next to each other
and go through the ESET settings one by one to see where the difference is.
It sounds as if the firewall settings are the most likely culprit at the
moment, but I really need both machines in the same place at the same time
to make checking that bit easier.

I will keep the list informed if I find something interesting, which might
also help Carol out.

Caroline.