[access-uk] Re: Errors when trying to install Talks on my phone

  • From: "Damon" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 15:29:39 +0100

Hi there. OK so I upgraded my Talks thingy and paid 35 pounds. I have received a code to tap in and authorise the new realspeak synth. I've already installed the VCM files for the speech I want but I can't work out where to tap in the new authorisation code.

I uninstalled the VCM and reinstalled it and at no point in the process was I asked for a number.

How do I do it?

Thanks v much.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Damon" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 24/07/2010 7:49 pm

Oh finally! I've done it.

The last big hurdle was indeed the time and date on the phone. Thank you Chris for that and thank you Amro for the backup troubleshooting too. All your help has been really very appreciated.

So, flush with success, I installed one of the vocaliser VCM speech synths too but it doesn't appear on the list. When in demo mode, before I registered, she did speak but now I can't find her at all. IN Talks, seemingly the only speech synths are the eloquence one I downloaded and a Nokia TTS.

Thanks so much.

----- Original Message ----- From: Amro Bilal