[access-uk] Re: Error message regarding drive C

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:45:37 -0000

Hi Andy,

Try a check disk on Drive C:.  Follow these steps:-

1.  Go to the Run menu by pressing the Windows Key with R.

2.  At the run box, type "chkdsk c: /f" without the quotes.  Remember, if
you have punctuation turned off, that is a forward slash followed by F after
chkdsk.

3.  You should now be told that the type of the drive is NTFS, and that
CHKDSK can't run because the drive is locked.  It will ask if you want to
check the disk the next time you restart the computer, press Y then Enter to
accept this.

4.  Finally, restart the computer in the normal way.  It will take longer to
restart, because it will cause your Drive C to be checked for errors.  Just
wait for it to start, then see if you can access your folder.

I hope this helps.

All the best
Telephone Low-call:  08452 606 277
International:  +44(0)1438 742286,