[access-uk] Re: Error message help needed.

  • From: "alex-acts2v4" <alex-acts2v4@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 22:02:58 +0100

Hi Jim and all,

Jim, going by what you say in your message I think that the following
information that my wife recieved from Neil Hall of Dolphin Computer Access
, may be able to assist you.

If the following does not assist you then I am sure that someone on this
list may be able to point you in the correct direction, but the following
may at least be  worth a try.

"The reason for the error is that when you load Outlook Express, it is
trying to check for new emails on your ISP's server, however as there is no
connection
present, it cannot reach the server and therefore throws up the error
message described.

The simplest workaround is to tell Outlook Express that if there is no
Internet Connection present when it tries to send/receive emails on Startup,
then it should dial one. This can be done in the following way:

1. Load Outlook Express and then open the "Tools" menu with ALT+T

2. CURSOR DOWN to "Options..." and press ENTER

3. CONTROL+TAB to the "Connections" property sheet.

4. TAB to "Change" button and press ENTER

5. TAB 5 times and you will be placed in one of 3 radio controls. CURSOR up
or down to select "Always dial my default connection". With this selected,
TAB to "Apply" and press ENTER. Restart the PC and test.

Now when you load Outlook Express, it should automatically launch the
Dial-up connection window to connect to your default ISP."

Hope this helps.

Shannon

** vacation ## d