[access-uk] Re: Epson Perfection 3490 Scanner

  • From: "Vince Thacker" <vince@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 16:33:09 +0100

Hi Roger,

Does your printer come with OCR (Optical Character Recognition) software? Seems
to me that's what you need to interpret the scan and turn it into text.

If you don't have an OCR option, maybe you'll need to install something like
Omnipage. I'd have thought most printers had this already, though. Even my
cheap Lexmark has it.

Vince.