[access-uk] Enabling speech on an EE Kestrel Smartphone.

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 20:33:55 +0100

Hi Everyone.

For you Android experts, i have an EE Kestrel phone which was given to me as
part of an upgrade offer, my interest mainly was in the price plan so they gave
me the cheapest phone they had in their catalogue.  I no very little about
Android, however this phone is based on the Huawei Ascend G6 and has a
proprietary interface.  I have two questions, firstly can accessibility be
enabled on this phone in the form of talkback, if so how, and secondly has
anyone had experience of the Huawei interface, does it work with talkback well
and is there anything I can do about it if not?

All the best, Ibrahim.