[access-uk] Re: E-mailing multiple recipients from Thunderbird

  • From: "Michael A. Ray" <mike.ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 15:31:17 +0000

Deddajay,

Thanks very much for this. I will put it in the useful bits of info folder. I hadn't thought of cc and bcc yet, so you've probably pre-guessed a future question!

Mike

On 25/11/2012 14:38, Deddajay wrote:
Hi Mike

Pressing the enter key after the first email address does the same
thing. If you want the second recipient to be cc'd or bcc'd, shift tab
will take you into the combo box. Use the down arrow key to cycle
between to, cc, bcc, reply-to, Newsgroup and followup-to options. Once
chosen, tab back into the address box and enter the recipient's address.
You can do this for as many recipients as you like.

The reply-to option is useful if you want replies to be sent to an
alternative email address to the one you are sending from. Followup-to
and Newsgroups are only required if using Thunderbird as a newsreader
for newsgroups, which you will probably need an account for as most ISPs
no longer carry them.

Hope you find this useful.

Cheers
Deddajay

On 25/11/2012 13:24, Michael A. Ray wrote:

Thanks Mo.  That works fine.  I like Thunderbird more and more.  Don't
know why I didn't switch ages ago.

Mike

On 25/11/2012 12:56, Mobeen Iqbal wrote:
Hi Mike,

Use a comma     at the end of the address and thunderbird will then
bring up another box for another address if you press tab.

Mo.

On 25/11/2012 12:50, Michael A. Ray wrote:
Hello list

I can't for the life of me work out how to send an email from
Thunderbird to multiple recipients.

When I open a new message, I can type in the name of one contact and
the auto-completion works ok.

In Outlook Express, putting a semi-colon at the end of each recipient
detail then allowed adding another recipient.  But this doesn't work
in Thunderbird.

Any ideas?

Mike

Michael A. Ray

Analyst/Programmer
Witley, Surrey, South-east UK

Ham Radio Callsign: G4XBF, licenced since 1982

Use the NVDA screen-reader, not Scientific, just Freedom