[access-uk] Email with BT query

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 17:45:10 -0000

Could some of you more knowledgeable people please help with any suggestions
for a problem I appear to be having with Emails now I have switched provider
to BT?

I have joined the lists I wish to be subscribed to, namely this one, BCAB,
the Talks UK list and Recycle It.  But I attempted to also join both the
BookSense and Vi-Genaccess lists.  In the case of the BookSense list, I
asked Steve to add me.  He didn't even get that Email, so he is not
receiving any Email from me at home.  And I got confirmation that I had
successfully joined the Vi-Genaccess list, except I get no messages from
there, nor a response from contacting the moderator about it.  I am not sure
I am even getting all Emails coming through to the lists that do work if I
compare them to those I receive at work, where I am also subscribed.

I suspect, therefore, that there is something strange going on with BT, and
wonder if anyone else has experienced this kind of problem, where certain
Emails are blocked?  I have a junk folder, but nothing is coming through via
that.  I would willingly contact BT Broadband if I knew what to say as I'm
not even sure whether it is at their end.

I don't have any additional antispam software running on my PC, and simply
use AVG 8 Free Edition.

Any suggestions much appreciated as I haven't experienced this before, and
am not sure where to start really.

For clarification, I am running XP Home Edition with various versions of
JAWS on a Netbook.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns