[access-uk] Re: Email solution for two PC's

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 23:41:11 +0100

Carl, it's dead easy. First you need to find out if your host supports imap; I'd be very surprised if it doesn't. Then all you need to do is to re create your email accounts in OE using the same details that you're using at present, except, choose imap as the type of email rather than pop3.

Forget about the mail server machine thing. imap behaves somewhat like an html email account. So when you view your emails from either your laptop or your desktop, you'll be viewing what's on the server. In other words your computers will be synchronised with the server all the time.

Hope that makes sense?

Cheers,
Amro
----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Proud" <karl@xxxxxxxxxxx>