[access-uk] Email Received from Ebay

  • From: "Adrian Snelgrove" <adrian.snelgrove@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:54:04 -0000

I have received this Email from eBay today and am not sure whether or not it is
a hoax.  Has anyone else received anything similar?  I am reluctant to click on
the link for obvious reasons.  The Email was received from aw-confirm@xxxxxxxxx

I have pasted the text of the Email below.

New Page 1

email/eBayLogo
***Urgent Fraud Prevention Group Notice***

  You have received this email because we have strong reason to believe that
your eBay account had been recently compromised. In order to prevent any
fraudulent
activity from occurring we are required to open an investigation into this
matter. To speed up this process, you are required to verify your eBay account
by following the link below.

http://signin.ebay.com/ws4/eBayISAPI.dll?EnterInfo&UsingSSL=1&email=
(To complete the verification process you must fill in all the required fields)

Please Note:
If your account informations are not updated within the next 72 hours, then we
will assume this account is fraudulent and your account may be restricted.

We apologize for this inconvenience, but the purpose of this verification is to
ensure that your eBay account has not been fraudulently used and to combat
fraud.

We appreciate your support and understanding, as we work together to keep eBay
a safe place to trade.

Thank you for your attention on this serious matter. We apologize for any delay
in resolving this situation.

Regards,

Morris Franklin
eBay SafeHarbor
Investigations Team

Please do not reply to this e-mail as this is only a notification. Mail sent to
this address cannot be answered.
eBay treats your personal information with the utmost care, and our Privacy
Policy is designed to protect you and your information.
Copyright © 2004 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
eBay and the eBay logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.
eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.

The message header information is as follows:
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 05:08:44 -0500 (EST)
To: mel.spooner@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Section 9 TKO Notice: Urgent Fraud Investigation
From: "aw-confirm@xxxxxxxx" <aw-confirm@xxxxxxxx>

Thanks all.

Mel (not fraudulently using someone else's Email)!!