[access-uk] Re: E-mail Address Spoofed

  • From: Gordon Keen <gordonkeen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 11:27:24 +0100

Best guess is that someone who has your email address in their address book has malware which has harvested your address from there.

The bad guys also harvest addresses from all those helpful folk who circulate hoax mail and *inspirational* emails about sick kids or wonder cures etc. Mostly the forwards use the c.c. field which reveals to all and sundry the list of recipients email addresses - nice!

Resolve the spam problem???   Not a chance mate.

Cheers

From glorious Devon, England.

On 3 Jul 2009, at 10:58, DEREK HACKETT wrote:

Hi Folks
Is there any way I can find out how my e-mail address has been spoofed, I keep recieving spam e-mails that have been sent from my e- mail account. Both ESet smart Security and Malware Bytes can not find any mailware or spyware on my Pc.